I know it’s still a few days away. But since I started getting all set up for crossing the Atlantic, heading to the awesome SXSW Interactive once more, I thought, I’d share my excitement with you. You’ll find my intended schedule at sched.org
It’ll be my third trip to SXSW after 2006 (after which I took a trip north to Alaska to attend a friend’s wedding) and 2008.
This year I’ll be traveling with Peter Prochaska, a friend and awesome PHP developer.
Looking forward to a mind-boggling conference and meeting inspiring people.
If you’re also going to SXSWi, drop me a line here or follow me on Twitter @migrosch.
This time it’s a conference not somewhere across the globe but right in my neighborhood; the Webkongress in Erlangen.
I’m really looking forward to the following panels:
- Wet Floor und Coverflow: Canvas in HTML5 (Martin Kliehm, Namics AG)
- CSS Frameworks – Erwartungen, Mythen und reale Vorteile (Dirk Jesse, Webkrauts)
- Effizientere Applikationen mit jQuery UI (Paul Bakaus, Liferay Inc.)
- Gute Ergebnisse dauern (Jens Grochtdreis, Webkrauts, SinnerSchrader AG)
- Barrierefreiheit im Jahre 2008 – Mehr offene Fragen als Antworten? (Tomas Caspers, Web Standards Project)
- Digital Bohème: Workspaces und Lifephases (Volker Buzek, RRZE und Marcel Ritter, RRZE)
- Die 10 drängendsten Herausforderungen des Web (Jens Grochtdreis, Webkrauts, SinnerSchrader AG)
- Webdesigner an die Macht! (Eric Eggert, yatil.de)
- 6 Beispiele für die nützliche Anwendung von Mikroformaten (Michael Jendryschik, itemis AG)
- Webstandards – noch immer ein Thema? (Nils Pooker, Webkrauts, Pookerart)
A great opportunity to eventually meet more Webkrauts in person.
Now it’s more than a month since I had the great opportunity to be part of the great gathering at SXSW Interactive and I still haven’t done the promised write up. The main reason is that it was very overwhelming, especially for someone who was there for the first time. So instead I’ve put together all the panels I attended during the conference. Of course, as many others have stated before, it was a very hard decision to pick which panels to go to. But I still think that I did a decent job.
Of course the write up isn’t put to rest, just put off till I’ll have time to sit down and review all my notes and maybe review the audio and video coverage on the SXSW website to spark my memory.
Panels I went to:
10.00 How to Convince Your Company to Embrace Standards (Links @ my del.icio.us)
- Kimberly Blessing, KimmieCorp
- Steven Chipman, Principal, Software Engineer, AOL
- Alla Gringaus, Web Architect, Time Inc
- Arun Ranganathan, Principal, Software Engineer, AOL Inc
- Kevin Lawver, Web Standards Guy, AOL
11.30 Designing the Next Generation of Web Apps (Links @ my del.icio.us)
- George Oates, Producer, Ludicorp
- Mena Trott, Partner, Six Apart
- Evan Williams, CEO, Odeo, Inc.
- Jeffrey Veen, Measure Map
- Eric Rodenbeck, Dir, Stamen Design
10.00 CSS Problem Solving (Links @ my del.icio.us)
- Ethan Marcotte, Creative Lead, Vertua Studios
- Dave Shea, mezzoblue.com
- Charles Wyke-Smith, Dir of Production, Nacio Systems
- Christopher Schmitt, Principal, Heatvision.com Inc
- Tiffany B Brown, Owner, Webinista LLC/Georgia Institute of Technology
11.30 Web Standards and SEO: Searching for Common Ground, Part 2
- Eric Meyer, Principal, Complex Spiral Consulting
- Aaron Gustafson, Sr Web Designer/Dev, Easy! Designs LLC
- Ed Shull, CEO, USWeb
- James Hagans, Blogger, Performancing
14.00 Content Distribution the Mobile Web
- Marc Brown, Pres, Buzznet
- Derrick Oien, Pres & Co-founder, Intercasting Corporation
- Andy Tiller, CTO, Cognima/ShoZu
- Paul Smith, Pres, mPulse Media
- David Snyder, VP desktop solutions and marketing in North America, Opera
15.30 WTF: WaSP Task Force Panel: Getting the Job Done Right (Links @ my del.icio.us)
- Steven Champeon, CTO, hesketh.com Inc
- Matt May, Dir of Technology, Blue Flavor
- Drew McLellan, Web Application Developer
- Dori Smith, Writer
- Jennifer Taylor, Macromedia
- Chris Wilson, Group Program Mgr, Microsoft
- Kimberly Blessing, KimmieCorp
- Molly Holzschlag, Pres, Molly.com Inc
17.00 WaSP Annual Meeting (Links @ my del.icio.us)